Decemebr is quite possibly my favourite month of the year. It's the month of Christmas and my wedding anniversary. I love the glitz and sparkle of it. To celbrate that here are a couple of photos of one of my most prized possessions - my Christian Louboutin Gold Multi Glitter Numero Prives. I bought these in Barneys while on honeymoon in New York. They never fail to take my breath away :)
I hope you all enjoy the run up to the festivities...
Monday, 29 November 2010
I don't know if everyone is being affected by the snow but I'm fairly sure most of you have noticed at least a dip in temperatures. At this time of year I find my skin, nails and hair become dehydrated and in need of extra TLC.
I love a bit of high end luxury but the point of this post really is to say - you don't need it always. This is the perfect time of the year so put on lashings of that body lotion and conditioner you haven't used yet and is cluttering up your collection. Exfoliation is still important of course but be gentle on yourself. I find hand scrub a great little essential for keeping my hands silky smooth but am sure to team it with moisturiser!
I'm not as good at regular moisturising as I should be but this time of the year is great for clearing my backlog of lotions and potions. I put lots on at night and allow my skin, nails and hair to soak it all in overnight. Leave in hair conditioners work wonders and because the weather is so horrendous I ditch the hair straighteners for at least a week or two and loosely pin my hair up instead. Lip balms and basics like Vaseline help seal in moisture to my lips and shield from the elements.
Some of skin stuff I'm loving at the minute but genuinely I don't discriminate.
Unless something gives me a bad reaction, it's all fair game.
Make up wise, I think simple and waterproof is the way to go. The last thing you need to be worrying about is your make up when you're skidding about in the street so I think it's really back to basics on this one. Personally I've been going with moisturiser and a touch of eyeliner and mascara. Remember waterproof on the eyes isn't only a great thing if you are caught in a rain or snow shower but wonderful if you get watery eyes like I do in the wind and cold! I use the GOSH eye primer too which helps keep the eye make up in one piece for a little longer (GOSH face primer brings me out in spots, but so far the eye one seems good).
5 top tips
1. Do it at night - leave it to soak overnight and pop some gloves or socks on the extremities to help keep the goodness in
2. Do it with water - having the heating on more often, teamed with the bad weather means your body is being exposed to extremes in terms of temperature and condition and drinking water will help keep you hydrated
3. Do it on the cheap - slather all those lotions and potions on that have been cluttering up your shelves/drawers. Win win.
4. Do it simply - keep your hair and make up simple, you don't want to be faffing with straighteners and retouching make up constantly during the winter chill (well not every day ;) )
5. Do it sensibly - keep warm and keep safe! Downsize the heels and bring your jacket or scarf with you if you're going out. Fashion can be fun but functional - take note of the weather before you plan your outfit. Blue skin isn't a good look unless you're in Avatar.
Have you any tips you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you :)
Until next time lovelies...