Wednesday 10 November 2010

5 things I have learned...

Hi lovelies! Sorry I've been a bit AWOL but normal service will resume shortly :)

This will be a but of a mini post but I was musing a couple of days ago about things I have learned about beauty. They are probably pretty obvious but sometimes you just need someone to say it and it clicks, right? And of course they are just my opinions and experiences but I thought I would share some of things...

1. Moisturise even if it's a pain. I have quite oily skin and greasy hair but applying a moisturiser to your skin and an intensive conditioner (or in my case, argan oil) to your hair overnight can works absolute wonders.

2. Sometimes your hair and skin will be dull and rubbish looking and that's that. You might get breakouts of spots or flaky skin and there might just be nothing any cream will be able to do about it. Hormones in my cases are playing havoc with my skin at the minute. Thank God for Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.

3. Be gentle with wet hair. Try to tease out knots as hair breaks so much easier when wet. Try to only straighten dry hair (let protective spray dry a little even) and you hair will thank you for it.

4. Expensive is not always better. I find budget hair conditioners, no frills moisturiser and "lower end" nail polishes work a treat. You might take a while finding the ones that work but when you do, you're onto a winner!

5. Sometimes expensive is better. I love some of my more expensive skin products like EL Night Repair and my Federic Fekkai Shampoos and Conditioners. They most certainly aren't every day products for me though and it works for me and my bank balance.

What would your top tip or bit of advice be right now? Do you disagree with any of the above? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

LoubouLush x

No comments:

Post a Comment